Raspberry Pi - Model B - UK
The Pi plugs into any monitor or TV and works with a USB keyboard and mouse. It has fertilised the imagination of the public, creating a boom in inventive approaches to computing not seen since the 1980's. It can be used for almost any project, from creating games, music, robotics, gadgets to flying machines.
It’s a capable little PC that can also do many of the things that your desktop PC does, like spreadsheets, word-processing, browsing the internet and playing high-definition video.
It comes with an 8GB SD card pre-installed with NOOBS providing a choice of over 6 operating systems.
The design is based around a Broadcom BCM2835 SoC, which includes an ARM1176JZF-S 700MHz processor, VideoCore IV GPU, and 256Mbytes of RAM. It does not include a built in hard disk or solid state drive, instead relying on an SD card for booting and long term storage. This board is intended to run Linux kernel based operating systems.
- Broadcom BCM2835 SoC full HD multimedia applications processor
- 700MHz low power ARM1176JZ-F applications processor
- Broadcom VideoCore IV, OpenGL ES 2.0, 1080p30 h.264/MPEG-4 AVC high profile decoder
- 512MB SDRAM
- 10/100 Ethernet RJ 45 on board network
- Storage via SD/ MMC/ SDIO card slot
- Dual USB connector
- HDMI (rev 1.3 & 1.4) composite RCA (PAL and NTSC)
- 3.5mm jack, HDMI
- Linux operating system
- Hobby & Hardware Hacking
- Imaging, Video & Vision
- Consumer Electronics
- Communications & Networking
- Spreadsheets & wordprocessing
- Browsing internet